New-York Art Deco Style Molding
Inspired by the artistic representations of countries like Africa, Egypt, and Mexico; the Art Deco style combined the traditional geometric pattern of indigenous peoples with the bold graphics and fresh designs of modern art.
Manhattan’s historic hotel The New Yorker is a fine example of art deco architecture that incorporates the geometric designs traditionally represented in ethnic art. It is immediately obvious upon viewing the building that the architects took inspiration from the pyramid formations of ancient Egypt. Like the design of a traditional pyramid, it rises into the sky from the ground in levels that gradually grow smaller than the base. The New Yorker updates the ancient form with its sectioned layers of various heights. Viewed from any angle, the cubic geometry gives a bold, stepped look to the building’s outline.
The influence of the “primitive” arts is exemplified by our New York crown molding. The bold, stepped design of this crown molding is visually striking; each wide step descends onto the next, smoothly guiding the eye the broad expanse of ceiling or wall. This Art Deco crown molding is versatile in its duality: if extended onto the ceiling, the molding seems low ceiling appear higher. For high ceilings, mount the molding extended onto the wall for a stunning way to add architectural interest.
New-York crown molding is made from High-Density Furniture Grade Polyurethane
– outstanding quality crown molding made from high-density polyurethane and designed specifically for installation with indirect lighting
– environmentally friendly material is hypoallergenic and fully recyclable
– no CFC no PVC no formaldehyde;
– rope or LED lighting can be easily fixed from inside the molding or on the wall behind the molding;
– the front surface of crown molding reinforced with synthetic foil providing extra durable and smooth surface;
– molding milled on the reverse side for strong adhesive bonding;
– water and humidity resistant
– maximum long term protection against scratches and dents;
– crown molding is pre-primed with water-based white paint;
– has a tough extremely smooth surface;
– this profile is available in flexible material;
– metal dies used for consistent quality and the perfect part to part match for hassle free installation;
– there is a four piece minimum requirement for this molding purchase;
Polyurethane is a high-density material – it’s extremely lightweight and easy to install (and comes primed and ready to paint). It is a green material meaning it’s CFC and formaldehyde free. It is also moisture resistant — so it won’t shrink flex or mold. What’s also great about Polyurethane is that it’s completely customizable and can be treated as wood (you can saw it nail it screw it and sand it). In addition, our polyurethane material comes primed and ready to paint.
Any molding from our collection can be made in flexible resin material. Flexible molding is available in custom lengths from 4 feet to 12 feet, in foot increments only. You can order any combination of molding lengths for your application.
For best recommendation of lengths call customer assistance
There are no reviews yet.